lunes, 3 de agosto de 2009

Edinburgh, first day


Hi.
I'm here trying to remembering these two weeks standing in this wonderful city: Edinburgh (or Edinbro more or less pronunciation)

Well, I left my home 11 July and went to Cáceres to sleep there in my parent's house. Sunday I got the bus early in the morning (8.15 a.m) and went to Madrid, then I took first the train and then the subway to Barajas Airport and waited there until the depart time. I had to wait because the fly is delayed but, at last, we flyed without problems and at 9 p.m. (Scottish hour) I was in Edinburgh Airport




I caught the bus to the city and after a while I was in the Center of Edinburgh, in South Bridge, very close the Royal Mile. I got off the bus and began to ask the way to go to my residence. A few minutes after I was carrying my suitcases to the residence because one person said to me that it was only 15 min. so I decided to take a walk and see the city but It was not quite truth (try to carry two bags on a unknown city and, then, tell me about this!), however 40 minutes later I was in my residence



At last I was in my residence, I went to the reception and then to my room, I had a shower and went to sleep because I was very tired

SONGS: Today I'll show you an English band called Ocean Colour Scene (OCS) formed in Birmingham on 90's very influenced by Paul Weller and 60's bands

The first song I'll show you is my favourite: "Travellers Tune" from their album "Marchin' Alredy", which was a successful album and was #1, displacing Oasis album "Be here now". There is a anecdote that you can read on BBC:
"In the week that their album, ‘Marchin’ Already,’ went to number one and knocked Oasis off the top spot, Noel Gallagher very graciously sent Ocean Colour Scene his congratulations though a plaque on which he had inscribed To The Second Best Band In Britain. “And as The Beatles are the first best band in Britain,” vocalist and songwriter, Simon Fowler says laughing, “that was very nice of him."







Lyrics | Ocean Colour Scene Lyrics | Travellers Tune Lyrics

The second one is "The Riverboat Song", and it's like a blues. It's from his second album "Moseley Shoals"





Lyrics | Ocean Colour Scene Lyrics | Riverboat Song Lyrics

2 comentarios:

  1. Miserable and unconciousness guy who said to you where was your accomodation!!. But I think as gypsis often say: I prefer a worst beginning because all would go on better in the future. Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh yes, It's truth; it's better have a good finish than a good begining!!

    ResponderEliminar